Teradata Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xinhuang66
Participant

Teradata Enterprise Stage

Post by xinhuang66 »

I try to use Teradata Enterprise Stage to write data back to Teradata. It is a simple job.

And if I set Teradata Enterprise Stage as sequencial mode, it works well. And if I make it as parallel mode, always get deadlock error ? I leave the partition option as auto.

Why ? or I need to explicit set up the partition method ?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Be more precise about where the deadlock occurs. For example, is it in the sync table or in the target table itself? What level of locking is being requested? (If multiple nodes request table-level locking you will definitely get a deadlock.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

In teradata stage, Can we enable the whole job as a transaction ? if any row was rejected when loaded into teradata, the whole job will rollback to original status.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not if you have a deadlock. If you have a deadlock nothing at all happens.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

The detailed error message is like

Teradata_Enterprise_122,78: TeraSync:DB Call Failure(success check) Info = 0, Code = 2631, Message = Transaction ABORTed due to Deadlock.error code = 1
TeraSync:DB Call Failure(success check) Info = 0, Code = 2631, Message = Transaction ABORTed due to Deadlock. error code = 1
DBCAREA msg_txt: Completed successfully. CLI Error Message: Completed successfully.
TeraSync:ExecuteImmediate failed for 'update Schema.terasync set ctlstate = 2, eventCount = eventCount + 1 where cookie = 1269828913'. Error Code = 2631error code = 1
TeraSync:ExecuteImmediate failed for 'update Schema.terasync set ctlstate = 2, eventCount = eventCount + 1 where cookie = 1269828913'. Error Code = 2631 error code = 1
DBCAREA msg_txt: Completed successfully. CLI Error Message: Completed successfully.
TeraSync: error advancing to state 2.0, unable to execute 'update Schema.terasync set ctlstate = 2, eventCount = eventCount + 1 where cookie = 1269828913'.
slave session failed to signal eSlaveReady.
nishadkapadia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nishadkapadia »

There is no transaction handling in teradata enterprise stage compared to oracle stages.
enterprise stage will have error tables created, if there is a problem,
however it is not the same as transaction handling.

As for the deadlock, as ray suggested as well as from the log, it is trying to update the terasync table, which causes the problem.