How to run the next job in the sequence?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skumar
Participant

How to run the next job in the sequence?

Post by skumar »

Hi all,

I have some 5 to 6 jobs in my sequence and when i ran the sequence it finished 2 jobs and it got aborted at 3rd job.So,the sequence also got aborted becuase of that.Now,what i want to know is that if the 3rd job got aborted it has to run the 4th,5th and 6th.Is there anyway to acheive this?

Thanks in advance......

Regards,
kumar.
BalageBaju
Participant

Post by BalageBaju »

Hi,

In the Triggers tab, just click the 'Unconditional' option. Then it will go to the next job without worrying about the status of the current job.
Regards,
Balaji.
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Kumar,

Pls frame your question properly in order to get a quick and correct reply.

What I understand is that if the 3rd job got aborted, the next time you run the sequence you want to continue with the 3rd job. Is that so?

If that is the case use the checkpoint option available in the job properties.

HTH
--Rich
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Check point restartablility will fire from the point where it failed last. If you want to skip that and go to the next one then you will have to code that part yourself. If there are no dependencies between the jobs, then run them in parallel, this way if job three fails, atleast job 5 and job 6 will continue to run.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.