Compilation Error when Transformer is used

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sridharvg
Participant

Compilation Error when Transformer is used

Post by sridharvg »

I am getting an error "##W TFPA 000012 10:51:14(003) <main_program> Warning: the PWD environment variable is not defined. Remote process startup may be unsuccessful as a result.If your ORCHESTRATE job does not start up correctly, please set your PWD variable to a value that will work on all nodes of your system."

It is a simple job with 2 sequential files and a Transformer in between.
I am gettiing this error whenever I tried to compile a job which has a transformer in it.(Parallel Jobs)
I also installed C++ compiler on my server.

DataStage Version : 7.5x
Server OS : Win XP Professional
Client OS : Win XP Professional.

Please let me know how to resolve this error.

Thanks in advance.
SriKara
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SriKara »

May be you should just do, what the error says!!
Set the PWD variable from the Administrator-->Environmentvariables-->Userdefined.
Set the value of PWD to your project folder which will be like c:\Ascential\Datastage\Projects\projectname.

Let us know if it works!!
Regards,
SriKara
sridharvg
Participant

No it does'nt work

Post by sridharvg »

I do not think it works, if at all if you create a userdefined variable, how do you call it and where do you assign it.
It is something to do with the configuration settings.
SriKara wrote:May be you should just do, what the error says!!
Set the PWD variable from the Administrator-->Environmentvariables-->Userdefined.
Set the value of PWD to your project folder which will be like c:\Ascential\Datastage\Projects\projectname.

Let us know if it works!!
gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsherry1 »

It looks like your trying to compile a parallel job transformer with version 7.5X2 on a machine with Windows XP professional edition.

Last I can recall, Windows XP is not supported for parallel jobs. Might want to check with the vendor.

Regards,

Greg
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Set the value of PWD to your project folder which will be like c:\Ascential\Datastage\Projects\projectname. or just '.' for current directory.

Last I can recall, Windows XP is not supported for parallel jobs. Might want to check with the vendor.
Not the Home edition but proffesional edition works.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

XP pro can be made to work, but is not officially supported. And then only with version 7.5x2. And you will need a patch if XP has sp2 installed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.