What's new in datastage 7.5?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bilwakunj
Participant

What's new in datastage 7.5?

Post by Bilwakunj »

Hi,
I want to know what's the new features are available in 7.5 version as compared to 7.0. And what kind of bugs have been fixed in 7.5 which are present in 7.0.

Thanks,
bilwakunj
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Bilwakunj,

on your client PC go to Start -> Programs -> Ascential DataStage -> Online Manuals -> DataStage Documentation and in that PDF document select DataStage Install and Upgrade Guide and you will get the information you want.
nivas
Participant

DETAILS OF NEW VERSION

Post by nivas »

Hi

Currently we are using version 7.1. Could you please provide some inform about the new 7.5 vesion in briefly.

thanks
Nivas
Bilwakunj
Participant

Post by Bilwakunj »

Thanks ArndW for ur reply but the thing is I don't have that version.. I know some folks are using it so I'm just curious to know what's new in 7.5.

Thanks,
Bilwakunj
ArndW wrote:Hello Bilwakunj,

on your client PC go to Start -> Programs -> Ascential DataStage -> Online Manuals -> DataStage Documentation and in that PDF document select DataStage Install and Upgrade Guide and you will get the information you want.
Editor

Post by Editor »

Editor's note

What is in each release is a matter of record for those that have access to Ascential's web site, are on support or have a relationship with their support provider. We are not in the habit putting sales related info in play in a public forum. Please don't fish for something that will be relevant only when you are actually in a position to get it through the system.

If you are a licensed and supported user of 7.5, then order the upgrade and review the information as Arnd suggested.

Editor.
Bilwakunj
Participant

Post by Bilwakunj »

well I just asked this question because I really wanted to know about it..no sales related information was expected. I posted it because I saw couple of posts related to 7.5 version & thought somebody can shed light on it.... Don't take it otherwise.

Thanks,
Bilwakunj
Editor wrote:Editor's note

What is in each release is a matter of record for those that have access to Ascential's web site, are on support or have a relationship with their support provider. We are not in the habit putting sales related info in play in a public forum. Please don't fish for something that will be relevant only when you are actually in a position to get it through the system.

If you are a licensed and supported user of 7.5, then order the upgrade and review the information as Arnd suggested.

Editor.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you send me your e-mail address as a Private Message here I'll be happy to send you the update .pdf file.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you are a member of ADN you can find it posted in their file library. From the GA annoucement there:
DataStage 7.5 is now Generally Available. I have placed a What's New in DataStage 7.5 document in the File Library, http://developernet.ascential.com/forum ... category=4.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Dude, Ascential is more than happy to share the information. Ask them directly! They got the right information not only for 7.5, but also for 7.5x2, 7.5.1, and other upcoming versions.

We are only lowly workers here. Ascential got all the information you want, that can be easily provided on request.

Ask! Don't be shy!
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Go to http://developernet.ascential.com/ and register (Ascential supported web site similar to dsxchange) and there is a pdf you can download telling you whats new in 7.5.