Aggregator Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhav_M
Participant

Aggregator Stage

Post by Madhav_M »

Hi all

Is anyone came across the following warnings:

1. AGGR_SUMAMT: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "TMMBR_ADJ_A" to field "TMMBR_ADJ_A": Implicit conversion; from source type "dfloat" to result type "decimal[9,2]": Possible range/precision limitation

I think the above error comes when i try to introduce a new column (calculated)in my stage

2. AGGR_Cash,0: Hash table has grown to 16384 entries.

I have to fix the above warnings...:(

Thanks
Madhav.
lakshmipriya
Participant

Post by lakshmipriya »

In aggregator stage the default output data type is dfloat, you can convert the datatype to decimal by adding the "Available sub prodperity to add" has the "Decimal Output" option

Just check with that one, which will solve your first query as i suppose
Lakshmi
Madhav_M
Participant

Post by Madhav_M »

Excellent.. It is working fine
Thanks..
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Hi Madhva,

for your warning

" AGGR_Cash,0: Hash table has grown to 16384 entries"

try following thnigs

In the aggregator stage properties change the method from hash to sort. The reason for this is given below

Use hash mode for a relatively small number of groups; generally, fewer than about 1000 groups per megabyte of memory. Sort mode requires the input data set to have been partition sorted with all of the grouping keys specified as hashing and sorting keys.
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Madhav,

It's good to know that your job is working fine. But it would be useful for everyone in the forum, if you can share what you did in order to avoid these 2 warnings.

Thanks
--Rich

Pride comes before a fall
Humility comes before honour
HSBCdev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by HSBCdev »

Hi,

This option only available for Calculation, but not for Row Count.

Any other option can be set to solve the warning for Row Count ?

Thanks
lakshmipriya wrote:In aggregator stage the default output data type is dfloat, you can convert the datatype to decimal by adding the "Available sub prodperity to add" has the "Decimal Output" option

Just check with that one, which will solve your first query as i suppose
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I doubt that it's the same message for RowCount - which is never, could never, be a decimal number with more than zero decimal places.

Read the message carefully; it tells you what you've asked it to convert, and warns you about why it may be infeasible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.