Custom Pop Up

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satisht
Participant

Custom Pop Up

Post by satisht »

Hi All,

Thanks in Advance for reading this post.

Is there a way to achieve custom pop up windows ther than the " Job Run Options" window in Datastage whenever we try to run a job .

For example: In Windows/Unix If you want do delete files, it will prompt or give a pop up window saying

"Do you want to really delete these files".

Is there a way to achieve this type of functionality in Datastage.

Sorry if my question is invalid but still would love this functionality such that we can alert the user if needed while a triggering a specific job
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

This won't be exactly what you want, but you can add a parameter to the job named Delete Files. In the Help Text field add the "Do you want to delete these files?" question. When the job is ran, the Job Run Options are displayed. If you highlight the Delete Files prompt, the Property Help button will become active. Click on Property Help and your Help Text will be displayed. It will take a little training with your users for it to make sense.
John
satisht
Participant

Thanks

Post by satisht »

Thanks John for the reply... But still interested to know if separate pop up windows are achievable in DS
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I doubt that level of customization is achievable within DataStage.

I would imagine that you could write your own front end user interface using visual basic, or any language, and behind the scene your program could invoke the dsjob command. It may be more effort than it's worth.

Within DataStage, similar to the above suggestion, you could possibly just change all the important default parameter values to force the job to abort unless the operator stops to think a bit of what to choose carefully first.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius