Datastage 9.1 certification exam

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Datastage 9.1 certification exam

Post by splayer »

Is there a way to to register so that if I do not pass the first time I can take the second time for free or at a discounted price?

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Take it at the annual IOD... err... Insight conference in Las Vegas. From what I recall you can retake for free while there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Used to be free. Last year it was $30 at the conference.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

Is there a discount available to employees of companies with support contracts?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

As far as I know, there is no discount available for repeating the exam. Definitely not free. You can, however, take the practice test online at any time for $30.

If your employer has a premium support contract, then they can request up to 5 (or some number) certification exam vouchers (free) per year, only for the people who are named as the support contacts, in which case you would need to be one of the folks who open PMRs and resolve a lot of problems. At least that was the case 2 to 4 years ago, so it may still be.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

There used to be a voucher where if you failed the exam the first time, you could take it the 2nd time for "free". This voucher cost $30 more than normal.
That was a couple of years ago though, so I don't know if they still do it.
Last edited by stuartjvnorton on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

It seems like the exam vendor changes back and forth every time I check, so I would guess the policies change a lot too.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
cppwiz
Participant

Post by cppwiz »

The IBM "retake for free" promotion was named the "Take It Again" program. You can still find some IBM web pages that refer to the program, like:

http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/news/ws_20130128d.shtml

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/edu ... ation.html

However, if you click on the Take It Again links, you will get IBM's "broken link" page instead of the current status of the promotion.

The best way to monitor if or when they might re-introduce the Take It Again promotion is to subscribe to the IBM certification Facebook page or Twitter feed. IBM is publishing their Credentials Certification Newsletter each month on Facebook which contains the latest certification news:

http://www.facebook.com/IBMCert

From scrolling through their historical posts on the Facebook page, it appears the Take It Again promotion was last offered in July 2013.