Information Server 11.3

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shekark
Premium Member
Premium Member

Information Server 11.3

Post by shekark »

Hello,

Would want to know from the the gurus if Information Server 11.3 can connect to Oracle 12c without any problems. The database connector stage lists 10g&11g only.

I have searched the documentation and there is nothing specific mentioned to Oracle 12c. My best guess is there should not be any problems when connecting to Oracle, however it would be helpful if you can guide me to the appropriate documentation/reference that mentions Information Server 11.3 works well with Oracle 12c.

Thanks in advance.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We are already using Information Server 8.7 with Oracle Connector stage and an existing Oracle 11 client that is installed on Information Server, to connect to Oracle 12c without any problems.

Outside of Information Server, we have encountered a few problems within some of the new Oracle 12c features.

As far as connecting to the same from Information Server 11.3, I have not tried it yet. Have you?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
shekark
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shekark »

Thank you for your response.

I have not tried connecting it to 12c yet, before I intend to, I wanted to know of any information/settings/pitfalls etc. pertaining to this.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Take the lead and try it out. Let us know how it goes. :-)
peep
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peep »

Any luck?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Oracle 12c is supported for the metadata repository (except in RAC configuration, and no CDB), so I'd have to guess that somewhere the answer has to be yes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
peep
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peep »

I am using db2 for repository and didnt try oracle .

I will be following the thread ...
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Ray,

Are you sure about 12c being supported for the repository? They never actually published the 12c XMETA / IA setup scripts in 11.3.1. I talked to Customer Service about it because the scripts were mentioned in the documentation.

I was told it was a "Doc bug" - and they retracted the doc.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
peep
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peep »

I know IBM is not supporting oracle 12c as repository yet .
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Knowledge Center still shows 12c as supported, so I guess they haven't gotten around to fixing it there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sendmkpk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sendmkpk »

Are you able to connect to 12C using information Server 8.7. Can you please confirm on that.
Praveen
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Yes, I already confirmed that, up above...
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

See also:

Does Oracle connector support the Oracle 12c client?
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21683476