Getting dependent jobs and files

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bharathappriyan
Participant

Getting dependent jobs and files

Post by bharathappriyan »

Hi,

I have 5 Master sequences. Each sequence has more than 10 sequence jobs inside them which are calling the individual jobs. All the 5 master sequences are scheduled to run in sequence which is taking more time. I am planning to run some the master sequences in parallel to reduce the run time. Hence i want to find out the dependancy between the master sequences like output files/tables of master sequence 1 are used in master sequence 2/3/4/5 or not.

Is there a way to find out?

Thanks,
Bharathappriyan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not sure why you were quoting yourself but I 'fixed' both of your posts.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The easiest way is to ask whomever designed the hierarchy of sequences for a copy of their documentation.

Otherwise you can traverse the design information (to get the dependencies at design time) or the job logs (to get the dependencies for a particular run).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The sequence name is in the XML from dsjob -report XML. You can load all the XML into tables and get sequence name and dependent jobs that way.
Mamu Kim