iDirector for iPhone

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mavrick21
Premium Member
Premium Member

iDirector for iPhone

Post by mavrick21 »

Hello,

Is anyone using iDirector on iPhone/iPad? Could you please tell me the pros and cons? Is there a mobile Director solution from IBM already or is it expected anytime soon?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I seem to recall from one from many moons ago that was scrapped. Wasn't aware of this one... and (as suspected) it has nothing to do with DataStage.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mavrick21
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mavrick21 »

This was what I was referring to: http://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/gsd ... true&lc=ko

I have it on my iPhone. Not sure if it still on the App Store. I had the evaluation version which connected to their server and had just a handful jobs and projects. Now it doesn't work anymore on iOS7. Curious to see if anyone bought this product and how it's working for them.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Gotcha... always good to include a link as the one I found was something completely different. :wink:

Hopefully what you have isn't in Korean.
-craig

mavrick21
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mavrick21 »

It isn't. Do you happen to know if IBM is developing mobile/web apps for Director anytime soon? Thanks
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I haven't heard of anything beyond the Operations Console (browser based access for control and monitoring of ds jobs)...has anyone tried it with their iPad or iPhone browser? Doesn't mean something isn't being done, but that's all I've seen.

Many years ago, when RTI (former ISD) had a set of web services for standard Job Control, a PDA based Director was developed.....but it didn't get used and the Job Control Web Service [and hand held Director that used it] was deprecated.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

eostic wrote:Many years ago, when RTI (former ISD) had a set of web services for standard Job Control, a PDA based Director was developed.....but it didn't get used and the Job Control Web Service [and hand held Director that used it] was deprecated.
That is what I saw... many many moons ago, demonstrated to us in a suite at a Rockies game. Back when they didn't suck. :wink:
-craig

mavrick21
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mavrick21 »

Thanks Ernie and Craig.