Getting the list of IS users along with last logged-in time

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Getting the list of IS users along with last logged-in time

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi Experts,

Is there anyway to get the list of all the Infosphere users along with last access time? I have checked XMETA.USERS_2 but this table has only 2 records - admin and guest :roll:
Currently we are having LDAP configured in our Linux servers. We have to send the list of all the users who have not logged in from last 45 days.

Thanks in Advance!!
http://findingjobsindatastage.blogspot.com/
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory and practice: nothing works. and nobody knows why! (Albert Einstein)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Nothing I know of. There may be something like this in the new operational quality monitoring tool for 9.1.2, but I haven't played with that yet.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

You can refer to your equivalent of /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/InfoSphere/logs/ISauditLog.log (may differ a bit according to audit settings) to get all login/logout activity and the client used.

Shouldn't be too hard to write a job for it.
It would be nicer in XMETA somewhere though.
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Thanks for the information.
I have opened PMR with IBM, will update this post once I receive information from IBM.

Thanks again.
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory and practice: nothing works. and nobody knows why! (Albert Einstein)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Good catch from Stuart. I'm working in an environment where most users have no access at all to the services tier.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

ray.wurlod wrote:There may be something like this in the new operational quality monitoring tool for 9.1.2, but I haven't played with that yet. ...
Hey Ray,

If you're referring to the new Information Governance Dashboard, then no they don't.
It covers BG, IA in relation to data rules and how they link to BG, and the underlying views also have a little bit of common metadata stuff.
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi Experts,

As per IBM support we can get job level information from DS_AUDIT table and from the ISauditLog_0.log file which Stuart suggested.
But we are looking to get the list of all users logged in to particular project, list of the users last logged in, list of the users based on access level, inactive users etc.
Is this level of information avaialble in Infosphere suite may be in some XMETA table? :(

So far I have found one table 'XMETA.ASCLModel_xmetagen_Userb1c498ce' which contains information about the user id, but the creation timestamp column has values which are difficult to debug... :roll: :roll:

For E.g:-

Code: Select all

SELECT distinct 
A0.XMETA_CREATED_BY_USER_XMETA
,A0.FIRSTNAME_XMETA
,A0.LASTNAME_XMETA  
,A0.PRINCIPALID_XMETA
,A0.XMETA_CREATION_TIMESTAMP_XMETA
,A0.XMETAMODIFICATIONTIMESTAMPXMET FROM 
ASCLModel_xmetagen_Userb1c498ce A0

XMETA_CREATION_TIMESTAMP_XMETA=1889220711147
XMETAMODIFICATIONTIMESTAMPXMET=1389220682002
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DS_AUDIT does not record logins. I'm pretty certain that login information is not stored anywhere in XMETA either other than when sessions are active.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

All of the create and mod "date" columns in xmeta are milliseconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC.

There are reports under Administration/Security you can do to get currently logged in users or user lists based on roles etc.
It can't just give a complete user dump with groups/roles etc.

You don't have a way to see inactive users (other than coming up with a rule based on last login etc).
Users either don't get used or you delete them out of InfoSphere. There is no active/inactive user flag you set in the admin page, and doing a Delete removes the user record from xmeta.
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Thanks all for the help!!
So for now we will just load the data from ISauditLog.log into table.

Appreciate your help!!
shershahkhan
Participant

Post by shershahkhan »

Hi, from this topic its seems like there is no way we can accurately identify active users, but do we have anyway just to list all users, their role and which project they have access too.

We do audit of all users, their roles and access to project. Currently we are retriving the userlist manually but don't know if there is any command to retirve it?
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

You can write some SQL to pick it out of XMETA, but XMETA is undocumented and subject to change (and it looks like there have been some changes in 11.3).