Abort Sequencer only after jobs finish in case of failure

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

HemaV
Participant

Abort Sequencer only after jobs finish in case of failure

Post by HemaV »

Hi All,

Job1 Activity -> In job Triggers Custom-(Conditional) is selected for both Routine Activity1 and Terminator Activity1 to check for any ORA-ERROR
Job2 Activity -> In job Triggers Custom-(Conditional) is selected for both Routine Activity2 and Terminator Activity2 to check for any ORA-ERROR
Job3 Activity -> In job Triggers Custom-(Conditional) is selected for both Routine Activity3 and Terminator Activity3 to check for any ORA-ERROR

When i run my sequencer, Job1, Job2 and Job3 starts running parallely. Say Job3 finishes first and it immediately triggers Routine Activity3 which fails. At that time routine error message is written to error log file and immediately sequencer is aborted even without waiting for Job1 and Job2 to finish before aborting sequencer.

NOTE: In Terminator properties "Abort without sending STOP requests. and Wait for all jobs to finish first." is selected.

What needs to be done if i want my jobs to finish first before sequencer is aborted in above case?

Thanks in Advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Make 3 unconditional outputs, one on each of your 3 jobs, go to a sequencer set to "all". From there to a Nested Condition stage and the error output link of that stage should be along the lines of "Job0.$JobStatus <> 0 OR Job1.$JobStatus <> 0 OR Job2.$JobStatus <> 0"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Actually the constant needs to be 1, or DSJS.RUNOK. 0 means "running".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.