Encrypted password for dscmdimport.exe

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Encrypted password for dscmdimport.exe

Post by somu_june »

Hi ,

I'm using dscmdimport.exe command to import the datastage jobs and below is the parameter that is setting up the datastage credentials

SET DParams= /D=%HostName% /H=%ServerName% /U=%userid% /P=%password% %project%

My question is, is there a way to pass the encrypted password for the P parameter which is a password parameter.

Thanks,
Raju
somaraju
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

In 8.7 version, I found couple of files with encrypt.bat in documentation

install_root\InformationServer\ASBNode\bin\encrypt.bat
install_root\InformationServer\ASBServer\bin\encrypt.bat

When I checked in my local drive using 8.5 version under C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\bin, I'm not able to find the bat file. Is there a way I can use the 8.7 encrypt.bat file in 8.5 version and if I can use please let me know from where I can get that .bat file.

Thanks,
Raju
somaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

encrypt.bat was new in version 8.7 and ends up invoking a Java class so, even if you could get the bat file, that would not be enough.

I can't recall whether you could read the parameters from a file with the dscmdexport command - you will need to check your documentation for all options.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.