Importing and Exporting Datastage Jobs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

m_mani87
Participant

Importing and Exporting Datastage Jobs

Post by m_mani87 »

When we export a datastage job/seq the folder information will also be present in the exported dsx.

So when we import the dsx into a new environment the folder/folders will also be created along with the job. But is there any way to import the jobs in the new environment in the folder i want(or in other words i dont want the folders in old environment to be created)

Thanks
jerome_rajan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jerome_rajan »

You can edit the .dsx file created after the export. Look for a property called "Category' and edit the path. The edit process should be evident once you see the property yourself. I haven't tried it out myself. May be you can tell me?
Jerome
Data Integration Consultant at AWS
Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Remember that the job name can only exist once in a project, so you can't have two copies of TestJob in the project by changing the folder path in the .dsx file.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... and be very careful with your edits. All it takes is a small mistake in the change to corrupt your project - been there, done that, got the t-shirt. :(
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
m_mani87
Participant

Post by m_mani87 »

so no other options than manually editing the dsx file? :D
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

There is one that you may not like, but any port in a storm: In the source project prior to export, restructure your folders to how you want them to look in the destination project.

There are good and valid reasons to how projects are structured, and convenience is not one of them. :wink:
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
m_mani87
Participant

Post by m_mani87 »

Its as good as re-structuring in new environment.
Dont make life easy i guess :D
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You can create another project to re-align the jobs based on your needs.

This is not recommended as you will soon loose track of jobs when future changes come along.