Weird abend in Sequence

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mavrick21
Premium Member
Premium Member

Weird abend in Sequence

Post by mavrick21 »

Hello,

We have a 64-bit IIS 8.5 Server edition (FP1 installed along with JR38892, JR39116, JR39533 patches) on a RHEL 64-bit machine.

We have been noticing weird abends in random Sequences - Sequence abends with "Job xxx did not finish OK, status = 'Aborted'". When I look at Job xxx's log it would have completed fine. There is no other warning/error in the Director log for the Job nor its Sequence.

How do I go about tracing the root cause of this?

Thanks
-Mav
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sounds like something is interfering with detection of the job exit status. I'd place a routine that logs the $JobStatus activity variable value for the job immediately after the Job activity, and temporarily disable "automatically handle activities that fail", to determine whether $JobStatus is getting back to the sequence OK.

Right click on the job's "job run requested" event in the sequence log and choose "Related Log" to transfer to the log of the job that was run under control, and make sure that it's the job you expected it to be (that is, that the correct job is named in the Job activitiy) and its actual completion status.

Right click on the "job under control finished" event in that job's log and choose Related Log to return to the sequence's log.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mavrick21
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mavrick21 »

Thanks for your response Ray. I'll update this thread shortly with my observation.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And, of course, note that 8.5 FP3 (at least) is out there, so you're behind with your fix packs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.