Change the installation folder location post install?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Change the installation folder location post install?

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi Experts,

Can we change the default installation directory structure post installation?
Currently we have installed infosphere pacakge in default location that is:-

Code: Select all

/opt/IBM
Is it possible to change this location to new location without effecting the current jobs or do we have to again complete re-install this application? :roll:
Modify structure is:-

Code: Select all

/opt/product/IBM
Appreciate all your help!

Thanks in advance!!
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

I had to do this a long time ago, and was told by Customer Service that I had to do a complete uninstall (/opt/IBM/InformationServer/_uninstall/uninstall), delete the original directory (/opt/IBM/InformationServer) and then do a clean install.

I seem to remember asking about using links to route the original path to the new location and they nixed that. They just felt they couldn't recommend it in any event.

The path is embedded in numerous locations and Customer Service won't support any site that doesn't use uninstall / reinstall to change the path.

Please remember to backup your configuration files (ODBC, database, dsenv, uvconfig), environment variables, jobs, etc. before doing the uninstall! You can then carefully use them to either replace or re-create settings as appropriate.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Thanks for the help!!

Looks like I have to start again(complete re-installation of our dev box). :shock:
http://findingjobsindatastage.blogspot.com/
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory and practice: nothing works. and nobody knows why! (Albert Einstein)
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Certainly Yes 8)
Arvind
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Please take a tape and Server disk backup of that entire path - just in case :)