Replicate Datasets into another environment

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Replicate Datasets into another environment

Post by cdp »

Hi. I'm trying to replicate the various datasets that exist for my datastage solution to help with testing.

My approach is to create a sequence, which loops through either a table of dataset filenames, or perhaps just reads through the entire directory of dataset header files, and populates a parameter which is then passed to a job which copies the data from the applicable dataset in one environment to an equivalent one in the other environment. This job would use runtime column propogation so I don't have to define the column set for each. Should be generic enough.

I don't think the jobs themselves should be too complex, but I'm struggling to know where to start with setting up the parameter(s) to populate, what are the loop conditions etc

Could someone clever please give me some pointers please ?

Thank you,
Nick.
bhasds
Participant

Post by bhasds »

Hi cdp,

As a first step you may start with a script using Orchadmin commands.

1.Use orchadmin commands and dump the datasets into ascii files.
2.You can use loop either in unix script or in datastage job to accomplish your requirement.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just use the DataSet Management Tool (or orchadmin command) to copy the Data Sets.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.