Copyright Violation

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Copyright Violation

Post by ray.wurlod »

The article What Is DataStage? purports to be authored by Akshyat Sharma, Lead ETL Developer, Talentain Technologies.

It wasn't.

This has been stolen word for word from a document whose copyright I own, which forms part of one of my training classes and which is available as a white paper through DSXchange Learning Center

Despite my contacting Talentain with a request to take this page down they have not done so.

Please join with me in shaming that company. I suspect that several other papers on their site in which they claim authorship have also been the subject of theft.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That sucks - particularly if the company doesn't respond and claim to hold copyright. A quick overview of the other articles seem to confirm your suspicions. They are certainly on my blacklist!
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

I do see it as a word to word copy from Ray's white paper and claiming to own the copyright. Shame on them.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

Ray, I suggest as your next step following the legal advice in this article: http://www.aiga.org/what-can-you-do-whe ... ed-online/
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Their company name is now on my "I'll remember you" list.

I'm not a spokeman for my company, but I don't have to recommend services from someone either.

Sad that someone would stoop so low as to steal hard work from someone else and pass it off as theirs.

I would definately pursue this claim if I were you Ray.

When the company I work for deals with vendors, they do background checks. A copyright issue is a huge deal. It will typically be enough to blacklist them. So YOU might not get anything from the endeavor... but it would surely teach them a lesson in the long run.

It's just so short sighted on their part.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

I Downloaded the whitepaper and compared it to the 'talentrain' website. This is so atrocious.
Forget word to word copies, even the images are bitmap copied. Using a PDF to word extractor and then composed as a HTML page.
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

According to whois, their web host is IXWEBHOSTING.COM so maybe you should contact them. Their IP address is owned by United States Columbus Ecommerce Corporation (ecommerce.com) so maybe abuse@ecommerce.com is an option.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Wow, seems the rest of their "talent" is also highly skilled at taking credit for other people's work. Look at this:

http://kkryczka.wordpress.com/2011/12/0 ... ttributes/

now their site

http://talentain.com/resources/datastag ... dimensions

Look at the word for word on the type two SCD.

Simply amazing.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

oh well, I thought It was copied from wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slowly_changing_dimension

Fishy, eh?
Priyadarshi Kunal

SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

This is called EDW?? :twisted:

Collecting the data from different sources and placing it in a single point of repository!!
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

SURA wrote:This is called EDW
:lol:
Priyadarshi Kunal