User role

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not possible using just roles. Even the lowly Operator role can run and reset jobs. You might be able to manage it using file system permissions (for example no write access to RT_LOGxxx/DATA.30) but, in this case, they could still request a job run only to have it fail. Not quite the same thing as barring access to the run functionality completely.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
esivaprasad
Participant

Post by esivaprasad »

Thank you for your valueble info, if i selected datastage operator option in admin console,when i log on using this user id, no jobs are visible, only folders are visible.If i selected datastage Developer option, am able to see jobs as well as folders in director.
Please help me to resolve this issue .
Siva
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's the way the Operator role works in your version, they can only see released jobs which is something people haven't done in years. As Ray noted, you may be able to get close to want you want with permissions.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers