Datastage Installation Issue - port 31538 not available

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adi_2_chaos
Participant

Datastage Installation Issue - port 31538 not available

Post by adi_2_chaos »

Hi All,

I'm trying to install Information Server 8.5 on AIX platform, but getting an error during installation which says:
Port 31538 is not available
I did a netstat -an to grep out this port number, only to find out that this port is not bound to any application. If I change this port number to any other port number (which is not currently in use), I get the error
The instance tag ade for this installation cannot be the same as the instance tag of an existing installation
Can someone please help me out with this.

Thanks,
Sriram
esivaprasad
Participant

Re: Datastage Installation Issue - port 31538 not available

Post by esivaprasad »

Hi,
In the same server you have 7 version or previous version installation?
If you installing 8 version on same server some other versions exist,while installing 8 version give other than 31538 and itag name diffirent as existing one.whatever you are giving port number,that port need to enabled for two way communication.
we have faced similar type of issue while installing 8,5 version on sunsolaris box.
Siva
adi_2_chaos
Participant

Post by adi_2_chaos »

Thanks Siva.

Your explanation of the problem seems relevant as when I specify the ITAG name as "bde" and specify a different port number, the installation program continues successfully. Yes, we had installed Information Server, but it was a hard-delete instead of a regular un-installation. We were told that on AIX, hard-delete is as good as uninstallation, which we now realise may not be correct. Is there any way that I can untag those values, so that I may proceed with the default values during installation.

Thanks,
Sriram
esivaprasad
Participant

Post by esivaprasad »

Hi,
As you said you installed Information Server, in that case you need to delete xmeta db all objects and delete related folders/files including temp folder in aix box, then start fresh installation.
it may work and installation witll complete.
Siva