the host is not responding (81011)

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

keen
Participant

the host is not responding (81011)

Post by keen »

I have installed datastage client 8.5 successfully,but I can't access to DS server.
I guess that may be my operation system with missing set,I can't fix the root reason,hope someone can help me.

error information as bellow:
Failed to connect to Information Server Engine: BACCDSENG:31539, project: BP_Liquid.

(The host name specified is not valid, or the host is not responding (81011))

This error occurred on 6/7/2012 at 8:19 PM (Standard format: 2012/06/07 20:19:39)

Product Version: 8.5.0.0
Client tag: 24b7d2a3-d356-44b4-86c5-0adb7224e35b
Application: DSDesign.exe (PID 5488)
Operating System: Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3
.NET Framework version: 1.1.4322.2494
Machine Name: IBM-L3CXB5D
User Name: lory
Language: English (United States)
Time Zone: China Standard Time

Error message:
Failed to connect to Information Server Engine: BACCDSENG:31539, project: BP_Liquid.

(The host name specified is not valid, or the host is not responding (81011))
xxxxx
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Want to double-check - the information you posted is for the client or the server? If it is from the client machine, can you post details of your server architecture?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
keen
Participant

Post by keen »

just for client.I installed the ds client 8.5.0 in windows xp sp3,I can connect to ds server,but can't open my project.
xxxxx
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not a lot of information to work with. How isolated is this issue, i.e. can others connect successfully and the issue is just with your installation?

As a wild stab I'm wondering if you have a firewall issue, if the required set of ports are enabled / opened that the product needs, which are all documented in the "Installation and Configuration" guide.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

I'm getting the same error message on a new 8.7 install (on RedHat Linux 6). I've installed 8.7 successfully on another server and didn't have this problem.

I feel like it's the same issue as in this recent thread (May 2012), which says the problem was that the server's hostname wasn't set properly:
viewtopic.php?t=145663&start=30&postday ... highlight=

I'm looking for details how to fix that. If you have any luck, please update here with the details.

thanks,
Rob
nabeela
Participant

Re: the host is not responding (81011)

Post by nabeela »

Does anybody have got the solution?

We are also facing exactly same problem. In my case I am able to connect DEV DS server but other servers are giving same error.

DS version: 8.7.0.2 Linux
DS Client installed on Windows 7.

Appreciate if you can share the fix.

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that the hostname is correctly configured and that that host can be contacted by the client. If that is OK, check that all necessary firewall ports are open. If that is OK, check that the engine services are running.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.