Exporting environment variables

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fmou
Participant

Post by fmou »

Hi,

My mind is blocked. I remember that I've seen the Exporting/Importing environment variables command icon before but I can't find them now.

Here is the details. I'm following

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... ogbox.html

to step 4, "In the Environment Variables dialog, click Export to File. "

but I just can't find that icon. This is what I see:

Please help.

Thanks
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

I think these features are introduced in 8.5 version .Make sure that you are looking in 8.5 datastage version .
Nag
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I checked Admin. in v8.7 and just above the Set to Default button, there are buttons labelled Export to File... and Import from File... Those are missing from your screen shot.

The doc link you sent is for version 8.5. Are you on v8.5?

Are you using the dsadm ID?

You should also be able to find those Environment Variables already in the DSParams file in each DataStage project directory.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
fmou
Participant

Post by fmou »

Thanks for your replies, everyone.

Yes, I'm using DS8.5.

As to the ID, I'm not using dsadm per se, but the ID I used is the DS/QS administrator. This should be good enough, should it?

Thanks
fmou
Participant

Post by fmou »

Thanks for your replies, everyone.

Yes, I'm using DS8.5.

As to the ID, I'm not using dsadm per se, but the ID I used is the DS/QS administrator. This should be good enough, should it?

Thanks
fmou
Participant

Post by fmou »

nagarjuna wrote:I think these features are introduced in 8.5 version .Make sure that you are looking in 8.5 datastage version .
Hmm, for datastage version below 8.5, 7.5.2 specifically, how to do the environment variables exporting/importing?
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

There is file called DSParams ..You need manually copy the contents ...Make sure you are doing it properly ..You can search the forum for it's location & how to copy , what to copy ? It should be available in Vincent blog too
Nag
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Not sure about 7.5.2 but have you tried the $DSHOME/bin/dsadmin command to list your env variables?

It can also be used on the server side to import new variables.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I checked in 8.5.0.0 with an internal user registry using some various admin IDs and the buttons are not displayed there at all.

The buttons are not mentioned in the 8.5 Administrator Client Guide PDF either, whereas they are in the 8.7 Administrator Client Guide.

Could it be you saw them in 8.5.0.1? 8.5 Fix Pack 1 did introduce some new features, like viewing the job log from withing Designer (Ctrl+L).
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius