Executing the VB script from Datastage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhanuvlakshmi
Participant

Executing the VB script from Datastage

Post by bhanuvlakshmi »

Hi All,

I have one VB Script to be executed.Could any body please suggest me how to execute it from datastage.I heard that it is possible to run from execute command activity.If so Please let me know the syntax how to call the script.

Thanks & Regards.
Bhanu.
Thanks & Regards,
Bhanu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You use exactly the same command that you would use to run the script from a CMD shell.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bhanuvlakshmi
Participant

Post by bhanuvlakshmi »

IN windows in saved the file with .vbs extension and ran the file from comand prompt. i..e, just gave the file name. It ran fine and got the output.

If i did the same thing in datastage it is going into the continuous running mode and if i give the command as cscript "Path of the file to be executed"
then it is giving error as the job didnot finished Ok and return value is 1 from execute command stage.

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhanu.
Thanks & Regards,
Bhanu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Post the relevant message from the log, the one that shows the command being executed and the result. Also curious what your script does and what value(s) it returns. When you ran it by hand from the command line, nothing was checking the return code, the status it passed back. DataStage does.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers