Issue in Opening DataStage Administrator for SAP

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Issue in Opening DataStage Administrator for SAP

Post by just4geeks »

Hi,

I am getting following error while trying to open DataStage Administrator for SAP.

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DS_FILEUTIL (Action=3); check DataStage is set up correctly in project XYS
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

Anyone has any idea- search here did not help much.

Thanks in advance!
Attitude is everything....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that the SAP PACK was correctly installed. THe routine named belongs to that PACK.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4geeks »

Thanks Ray!
Somehow we could open SAP Administrator client but client hangs whenever I click on "DataStage Connection to R/3 " tab in "DataStage Administrator for SAP" client.

Since it was weekend, we could not perform re-installation but I got around that by creating SAP connections manually on server and jobs ran fine.
Since SAP jobs ran fine- I am guessing there is minor issue with installation.

Update: it is weird, sometime everything seems to be fine but I get above error ( error in first post) whenever I try to create new SAP R/3 connection.

Also can I know the service names which I should check ( using ps -ef | grep ..) to make sure SAP service is up and running.

Thanks in advance!
bashbal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bashbal »

I found this message while I was searching for a solution to the same error. I have since found a solution.

The problem for me was file permissions .../Server/DSSAPConnections directory and the files in contained. The group permissions we set to read-only and, since our admins have their own login credentials, some files had owners other than dsadm.

To fix the problem, I added group write via chmod g+w to all the files. Furthermore, I set the SGID bit on DSSAPConnections and all sub-dirs with chmod g+s.

This problem appeared right after we installed 8.5 fix pack 2. I think it changed it because another system that is still running base 8.5 still has the correct permissions. When I upgrade that system, I'll pay attention to the file permissions.
Lyle
just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4geeks »

Thanks bashbal for caring to post a possible resolution.
In my case I did not know how it got resolved-my admins never told me.
It really helps!

Take care
ulab
Participant

Post by ulab »

I got the same issue and though I change the permissions of DSSAPConnections folder am am still getting the same issue, I guess for you changing permissions is not alone solved(chmod g+w, g+s )your issue
Ulab----------------------------------------------------
help, it helps you today or Tomorrow