Informatica to Datastage Migration Checklist

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Informatica to Datastage Migration Checklist

Post by synsog »

Hi Friends,

We are working on Informatica to Datastage Migration project. One of the job which we have developed is giving issue. All the mappings and transformations are same as Informatica mappings and logics. But the record count in the target differs. For Example, Informatica is loading 2 records whereas Datastage is loading 5 records in the target.

We found one difference in Informatica behavior and Datastage behavior.

For example : In Datastage, INNER JOIN will process all the multiple matched records whereas in Informatica INNER JOIN will process only one of the multiple matched records.

Table A :

Emp_Name Emp_No Arun 257816 Arun 257644
Arun 269812

Table B :

Emp_Name
Arun

Join Condition : A.Emp_Name = B.Emp_Name

Datastage Join Stage populates all the 3 records but Informatica Join Stage populate only one of those 3 records.

Do you know any other architectural behavior differences between Informatica & Datastage ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Which one is correct (according to your business requirements)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saratha14
Participant

Inner join works alike in Informatica and Datastage.

Post by saratha14 »

Hi Synsog,
Inner join will work the same way it works in Datastage. Can you please check the constraints in the informatica stage, which you have used. It should retrieve all the matched three rows. There are no difference between inner join in Datastage and Informatica. 8)
akrish1982
Participant

checklist

Post by akrish1982 »

i have posted one that was used in an earlier project. let me know if it can be improved in anyway

http://ds.iexpertify.com/2013/09/datast ... klist.html