Location of license xml file

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

madog
Charter Member
Charter Member

Location of license xml file

Post by madog »

sorry if this is a naive question - but where exactly is the license file located? i can access details via the web Information Server console, but I'd like to view the actual xml files. thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Wherever you put it after you received it by email from IBM or downloaded it from Passport Advantage web site.

If you can't find the file use Web Console for Information Server (Domain Management > Licensing) to view the licensing specified for your site.

Don't contemplate hacking the license file; those license keys near the bottom encapsulate all the other information.

Note also that the licensing mechanism has recently changed. Everyone gets the same "with the lot" license and has to run a utility in which they specify what software they're entitled to and which they're not. IBM trusts you; when they audit your site they'll bill you for any software you've claimed to be entitled to.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

In version 8.1

/opt/IBM/Engine/InformationServer/Version.xml

/opt/IBM/Engine/InformationServer/license

Thanks
Man
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

Found this thread close so posting it here.

I have installed websphere Datastage 8.0 by pointing to license.xml and all was fine, after an year i need the license.xml file and I dont recollect its location.

In web console no path to the file is listed under Licensing (can view the licensing info there) . Can I find the exact path somewhere ?

Thanks
- Zulfi