Metadata Tables

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vishvas
Participant

Metadata Tables

Post by Vishvas »

Hi,

We are planing to migrate our jobs from 7.5 to 8.1. We have been testing some of our jobs in 8.1. One of our job uses DS_METADATA table. We access that to read the contents of a table defn. In 8.1 I tried to access that table. The table exists but does not contain any data. I think all the data goes to the new repository table. If I want to move that info to the DS_METADATA what is the procedure. I don't want to change my old job as it is in production for a long time. Can someone help me on this?

Vishvas
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There is no procedure and this is the gamble you take when working 'under the covers' like that, any new version can break it. Time to change your old job, it seems. What exactly are you getting from DS_METADATA and what exactly are you doing with it? Perhaps we can come up with a more proper way to do whatever it is that you are doing. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Investigate the DSGetLinkMetaData() routine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.