ETLSTATS - DSJobReportDb Logs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I think your parameter values are different for each run. That is where I would start to look.
Mamu Kim
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

All/Kim

As long as the logs files for DSJobReportDb (all of the instance it put in director are not purged) it works fine. I have set to purge the logs for this particular job(DSJobReportDb) in director to older than three days.

The fourth day it does an auto-purge of first day logs, then all DSJobReportDb instance supposely skip/never read the XML files, even thought they are all there. The jobs shows the status as FINISHED!

I think my issues are how the logs is purged. Any ideas that might help??

Thanks . . . . Bryceson
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I don't think that is possible. Never heard of the logs making any difference in the jobs performance except when it writes a warning on every record.

The XML files are created in the before job command which runs dsjob. It has to either not write the XML files or write them to the wrong place. Maybe it never runs dsjob therefore you get old versions of the XML files.
Mamu Kim
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

A little of history:
We're on AIX/DataStage 8.0.1, the project I prototyping is all server jobs.

Well . . . The dsjob run fine to creates the XML files in the before job command and put them in the same location as before. NO warning are reported in the logs.

Are there any know issues perhaps related to multiple instance job(s) in DataStage 8.0.1??

I re-compiled DSJobReportDb on 10/14/08 and set to purge the logs in director to older than four days. So far it has been running as expected because no logs has been purged yet . . . . but comes Monday 10/20/08 when I run it again the log instance will be purged and the issue re-appears!

I have read just about all post related to EtlStats here in the forum, but nothing relating to what I am experiencing.

Still wondering . . . . .

Thanks . . . . Bryceson

[/img]