DataStage V8 Bug Ridden

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iansta
Participant

DataStage V8 Bug Ridden

Post by iansta »

Guys,

I'm after your experiance with DataStage v8. A large Indian outsourcing company, responsible for the infrastructure and support for a client of ours is refusing to move to DataStage version 8 as it has too many bugs. Does this match your experiance of version 8?

Thanks

Ian
Ian
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Are they aware that IBM has released a Information Server 8.0.1 Fix Pack? I've found it a pain to install but once it's running it seems to run as well as the previous version. I would expect bugs in new products like Information Analyzer and Metadata Workbench but the DataStage engine is much the same as the previous release. They need to list the bugs that concern them and check with IBM the status of those bugs - have they been fixed in the fix pack and are there known workarounds.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I second what Vincent said. The fix pack contains six (?) bug fix versions of 8.0.1 all rolled up into a single installable image. Though I didn't experience any problems installing it (Red Hat Linux server).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.