Handling complex conditions in Hash File Lookup

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rahul.bhuraria
Participant

Handling complex conditions in Hash File Lookup

Post by rahul.bhuraria »

Hello,

I am new to datastage and require help. I need to perform a hash file lookup using complex conditions like '<', '>' etc. For example assume there are 4 tables A,B,C & D out of which A is a primary table and other are look up tables. There is a hash file created for B,C & D each. My look up condition are

For hash file B the look up condition are:

A.Column1=B.Column1
and A.Column2 between B.Column2 and B.Column3

similar for hash file C the conditions are

A.Column1=C.Column1
and A.Column2 between C.Column2 and C.Column3

same are the conditions for other lookups. All the lookup hash files are connected to a single transformer. Can anyone tell, is there anyway to implement this in datastage
rahul.bhuraria
Participant

Re: Handling complex conditions in Hash File Lookup

Post by rahul.bhuraria »

Hello,

Can anyone help me with the below problem. It is urgent.

Thanks
Rahul
rahul.bhuraria wrote:Hello,

I am new to datastage and require help. I need to perform a hash file lookup using complex conditions like '<', '>' etc. For example assume there are 4 tables A,B,C & D out of which A is a primary table and other are look up tables. There is a hash file created for B,C & D each. My look up condition are

For hash file B the look up condition are:

A.Column1=B.Column1
and A.Column2 between B.Column2 and B.Column3

similar for hash file C the conditions are

A.Column1=C.Column1
and A.Column2 between C.Column2 and C.Column3

same are the conditions for other lookups. All the lookup hash files are connected to a single transformer. Can anyone tell, is there anyway to implement this in datastage
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Etiquette Note 1
If it's urgent, sign up with your support provider for premium service, and learn the true cost of "urgent".

When you posted it was the middle of the night in the USA.

We don't do "urgent" here. DSXchange is an all volunteer site, folks post as and when they can, and none of them gets paid for doing so. Premium membership exists solely to help cover bandwidth costs.

Etiquette Note 2
It is not necessary to quote the entire post just to reply to it. It wastes space on the server.

You might search the forum for "range lookup". This question has been asked, and answered, a number of times previously. Narrow your search by including "hashed" or "hash" in the search list. Search for all terms.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

While you were waiting for an answer, you could have searched this forum extensively. Your topics are covered in detail.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle