Parameter related question

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jewelhaque
Participant

Parameter related question

Post by jewelhaque »

Hello, I am trying to change one parameter value in Job Control before it is being used in Transformer, but under transformer the change is not recognized. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome, Jewel. :D

You can't change the value of Job Parameter inside your job, it's not allowed. You can, however, derive a new variable from it - perhaps as a Stage Variable or in the Transformer derivation itself, for example.

Perhaps a little more information about what exactly you are trying to achieve would be in order?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jewelhaque
Participant

Post by jewelhaque »

Thank you very much !!
chulett wrote:Welcome, Jewel. :D

You can't change the value of Job Parameter inside your job, it's not allowed. You can, however, derive a new variable from it - perhaps as a Stage Variable or in the Transformer derivation itself, for example.

Perhaps a little more information about what exactly you are trying to achieve would be in order?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If that has solved your problem, please mark the thread as 'Resolved'. If not, let us know what other questions you have on the subject.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jewelhaque
Participant

Post by jewelhaque »

I am still working on it, I am creating a routine instead of using Parameter.
chulett wrote:If that has solved your problem, please mark the thread as 'Resolved'. If not, let us know what other questions you have on the subject.