books for datastage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

psn
Participant

books for datastage

Post by psn »

Hi

I am new to DataStage and was trying to find if there were any good books on ETL & data warehousing which I should have ...

I am specifically looking for a book on DataStage... or do you think the manuals are good enough for all the development and configuration work for DataStage?

Thanks!
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Welcome Aboard
No book on datastage. The closest you can get is manuals. If your new, you need formal training and/or guidance.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
psn
Participant

Post by psn »

How about a book - "The Data Warehouse ETL Toolkit: Practical Techniques for Extracting, Cleaning, Conforming, and Delivering Data" by Kimball, Ralph / Caserta, Joe
ISBN-10: 0764567578
ISBN-13: 9780764567575
Publisher: John Wiley

Do you know of any other book which I could refer to.

I am trying to find something which talks about the concepts on ETL and Data Warehousing, i think for syntax i will have to refer to the manuals.

Thanks!
Last edited by psn on Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Instead? No. However, that one is well worth reading.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
psn
Participant

Post by psn »

Thanks!
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Yeah, thats a good book for Data warehousing, but as mentioned, very limited books available for Datastage. In addition to given online manuals, there are some IBM classes and some session conducted by Ray and DS Strategies.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'