Datastage 7.5.1 Client installation stuck

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xinhuang66
Participant

Datastage 7.5.1 Client installation stuck

Post by xinhuang66 »

I am installing Datastage 7.5.1 client in my Winxp Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

After a while, the whole installation process was stuck, and there are two windows opened for Datastage client installation.

One is a dos console with the title c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4222\regasm.exe

The other is datastage client set up - developer's edition...

I install the .net framwork 1.0 in Datastage product package..

Anybody has some ideas about it ...

thanks
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

It takes some time to configure in Registry. But how long were you been waiting?
Do does the icons got installed in Desktop and is it working?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

kumar_s wrote:It takes some time to configure in Registry. But how long were you been waiting?
Do does the icons got installed in Desktop and is it working? ...
It is running for around 10 minutes.

And icons didn't run up in the desktop, and if I killed the installation process, it look like nothing installed.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try to run the .net framework separately before installation and check if that gets completed.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

kumar_s wrote:Try to run the .net framework separately before installation and check if that gets completed. ...
Thank you !

I download .net framework 2.0 and apply it into my system, and re-install the Ds client, it finished successfully
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I too faced one such issue, may be package sent along with CD might be corrupted by some reason.