DataStage 7.5A and Oracle 10g performance issues

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

catera0907
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage 7.5A and Oracle 10g performance issues

Post by catera0907 »

We are in the process of moving from Datastage 6.0 to 7.5.1A. and from Oracle 8i to 10g
I have a unix box Solaris 10 for DataStage 7.5.1A with a clean installation,when point to Oracle 8i Database works fine(within expected time frame)
but when pointed againts Oracle 10g it takes almost double time.

any one have similar issues or can share they experiences with oracle 10g

--thanks
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

I have tried connecting to Oracle 10g and Oracle 8i using DS 7.5.1.A.
Did not find much difference..
I don't think the issue is with DS 7.5.1.A and 10g.
Try running your queries directly on Oracle 8i and 10g and check if you get same results
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not a DataStage version issue or an Oracle version issue, per se, I would think. Probably just a matter of Oracle differences between the two 'identical' instances, and could very well be the case even if both were 8i. Volumes, statistics, and histograms differences between the two could contribute to it, to name just a few.

Note that your query explain plans may hav changed under 10g or just for the reasons noted above. You really need to compare what's going on in the instances, your DBAs can help trace or check that for you.

Question - are the 8i and 10g instances the same, just the latter converted? Or are you generically comparing 8i to 10g using completely different schemas and data?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers