Multiple RDBMS Client configuration

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Multiple RDBMS Client configuration

Post by elavenil »

Hi,

We are in the process of setting up the development server with DataStage EE on unix. We need to connect to multiple RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.,) as our source systems are in multiple RDBMS databases.

1. I have installed Oracle & MS SQL server client in the ETL server.
2. Made entries of home directories in dsenv
3. Made entries of .odbc.ini
4. Made entries of .uvodbc.config

Is there anything else to do in order to access Oralce & MS SQL server databases from ETL server.

Please share your experience, which would enlighten me in the above process.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Elavenil
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A small correction, it's not the .uvodbc.config file, it's the uvodbc.config file. There is one in each project, against the possibility that you may need different ODBC data sources to be visible from different projects.

You may also benefit by installing and configuring Oracle client software on the DataStage server machine, so that you have the choice of Oracle (rather than ODBC) when accessing via the Dynamic RDBMS stage. Ditto for any other database to which you wish to connect.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.