Unable to run shmtest

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to run shmtest

Post by elavenil »

Hi,

We have installed DataStage EE on HP Unix machine, which has 8 GB ram and 4 CPU. After successful installation, tried configuring shared memory using shmtest to find out the recommended shared memory parameters. But the command failed with the following error message.

Attaching to segments
Dshmptr = unsuccessful
Cleaning up
detach of segment(s) successful
removal of segment(s) successful

Can you please enlighten me some light on this and how to set these shared memory parameters.

I have executed shmtest using dsadm & root id both and i am getting the same error messages on both execution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Elavenil
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Given that you tried it logged in as root, I think that you need to involve your support provider. The first question is whether you are running on a supported platform.

In the meantime, DataStage will almost certainly still work OK using the default start points for shared memory segments. These are specified by DMEMOFF, PMEMOFF, CMEMOFF and NMEMOFF in the uvconfig file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.