Error importing a job in the project

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prakashsahoo
Participant

Error importing a job in the project

Post by prakashsahoo »

While trying to import a job into the project we are getting the following error:

Error calling subroutine:DSR_JOB(Action=2);check DataStage is set up correctly in project xxx
(The connection is broken (81002))
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Try closing the DS Manager client and then importing the job again. If that doesn't work, you should probably try re-indexing. Using Search facility with 'DS.REINDEX ALL' would lead you in the right direction.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
prakashsahoo
Participant

Post by prakashsahoo »

I tried doing it many times but every time same error is popping up.Is there any other reason for the error
prakashsahoo
Participant

Post by prakashsahoo »

Can you please tell me How to do reindexing and where to do?
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Did you try 'searching' at all? For a start, you can click this LINK.

Make sure you take all the necessary precautions.

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
prakashsahoo
Participant

Post by prakashsahoo »

Can you please guide me how to do it? I have searched, but couldn't got properly how to start.

Should I have to run the command DS.REINDEX ALL in the Datastage server Project Directory?

Precautions means -

In the same server, around 8 Datastage Projects are available.
I have seen from link provided by you that, no DS Client should connect to the Server? Does it mean, no DSClient should connect to any project in the server or only to the current project where I am experiencing the problem?

Can you please tell me what other necessary precautions required?
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Can you please guide me how to do it? I have searched, but couldn't got properly how to start.

Should I have to run the command DS.REINDEX ALL in the Datastage server Project Directory?

Check this post ArndW describes the steps

Precautions means -

In the same server, around 8 Datastage Projects are available.
I have seen from link provided by you that, no DS Client should connect to the Server? Does it mean, no DSClient should connect to any project in the server or only to the current project where I am experiencing the problem?

Its best to do a REINDEX while having exclusive access to DS.
Refer to this post
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not "best", essential. If you don't have exclusive access to the project, the reindexing process will invalidate the indexes, but not be able to rebuild them successfully.

Other users can be using other projects, but you MUST have exclusive access to any project you are re-indexing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prakashsahoo
Participant

Post by prakashsahoo »

Thanks for information.

Can you please tell me, while executing the command DS.REINDEX ALL, whether nobody should login to the Server or any DSClient must not connect to the Server?

As I have told there are more than 8 projects setup in the same server, any one can connect to the other projects at anytime while I am executing the command.

Is it correct that no DSClient should connect to the Project where I am experiencing the problem (for which I will execute the DS.REINDEX ALL command) or no DSClients should not connect to any of the Projects in the Server or nobody (physically connected) should connected to the server.

Please clarify this (as it is in Production)
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

ray.wurlod wrote: Other users can be using other projects, but you MUST have exclusive access to any project you are re-indexing.
This tells you that you should have exclusive access to the project you are re-indexing. So, it doesn't matter about other projects.

No DS clients should be connected to the DS Server through the project you will be re-indexing (All DataStage users must be logged out).

Now, execute the DS.REINDEX ALL command from the DSAdmin.

Whale.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I know that Conventional Wisdom says you'll be fine as long as no-one is connected to the specific project you need to reindex. However, I've typically found that it probably isn't going to work until you get everyone out. And even then you're best off bouncing the DataStage server first to clear up any leftover crappola before you do anything. My two cents.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

chulett wrote:I know that Conventional Wisdom says you'll be fine as long as no-one is connected to the specific project you need to reindex. However, I've typically found that it probably isn't going to work until you get everyone out. And even then you're best off bouncing the DataStage server first to clear up any leftover crappola before you do anything. My two cents.
In total accordance :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm going to guess that Craig's users use Host View in Manager or other mechanism for switching between projects. That such users have touched the project to be reindexed may, indeed, cause a problem, since some of the internal code uses file variables in COMMON.

Technically (and practically in my experience) it is sufficient to verify that no users are using the project (via the list_readu command) before proceeding to re-index the projecct.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prakashsahoo
Participant

Post by prakashsahoo »

Thanks All for help.
I have successfully executed the DS.REINDEX ALL.

Now able to import the Jobs in Manager successfully. I have executed the DS.REINDEX ALL with exclussive access (dsadm) and when no DSClient was connected to the DSServer.

But it lead to another problem.
when I am trying to open a job, it is not opening and throwing me error -

(61223) Unknown Stage Type ('CCustomStage') found in Job
This View of the JOb will be incomplete until the missing Stage is restored.

where as I was able to open the Jobs successfully before Reindexing the Project.

Can you Please guide me.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please begin a new thread. The new problem is unrelated to the topic of this thread. Further it now becomes important to know what kind of job this is, so please post the new question in either the server forum or the parallel forum.