odbc

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

kishoreramachandran wrote:I am able to see a dsn but when I select it I get the message invalid authorization BCI error
Are you seeing same DSN(s) that were created on the server box and were provided to you?

Because there's a difference between "a DSN" and "the DSN".
Last edited by I_Server_Whale on Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Copy paste the entire error message.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kishoreramachandran
Participant

Post by kishoreramachandran »

I am able to see the same dsn given to me .
dsr.metageta (sql connect} BCI error
Sql state = 28000 code = 201 {datastage} sql client {odbc} invalid authorization specification
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

What is the database that you are trying to connect through ODBC?
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How about a clue as to what database you are connecting to with this? SQL Server?

I'd also suggest you post the .odbc.ini entry that was created for this so we can see if it was configured correctly or not.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

narasimha wrote:
kishoreramachandran wrote:yes I mean my Pc when I say machine . And I want to access the data through odbc stage.
What database are you trying to connect?
Sometimes, if you dont have a DSN set up for that database, you might have to create one yourself.
This is the third time you have been asked this question. You are making everybody guess here :roll:
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
kishoreramachandran
Participant

netezza
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Now the next step, What Craig asked....
chulett wrote:I'd also suggest you post the .odbc.ini entry that was created for this so we can see if it was configured correctly or not.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

What was the ODBC driver used to configure the DSN? Are you using DataDirect drivers? Not sure whether DataDirect provides drivers for Netezza.
kishoreramachandran
Participant

If i make a change to .odbc.ini file should the server be restarted again, or when exactly the changes will take place
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

A restart is not needed, the change should take place the next time you try to use that ODBC connection.
Narasimha Kade

kishoreramachandran
Participant

now I start opening a new parallel odbc connection and if I give the datasource name,userid and password I am able to connect but If I try starting a new server job it tells me that the datasource name is not configured.Actually I am not able to see that DSN in the pull down box and so I typed it.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Not configured" typically means that there is no entry in the uvodbc.config file in the project directory on the server for that particular DSN.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kishoreramachandran
Participant

but when I go to new parallel job odbc source and give the dsn name userid and password and give a table name and column I am able to view the data in the column. But if I compile it says not configured
kishoreramachandran
Participant

Failed to connect to JobMonApp on port 13403