Load from DataStage to SAP

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reema.jain
Participant

Load from DataStage to SAP

Post by reema.jain »

Which Ascential Integrator is required to load from DataStage to SAP
Last edited by reema.jain on Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Welcome Aboard :P
Use the search facility of this website. It is very powerful and will save you lots of time. Search on the key word 'SAP Pack'.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you mean SAP R/3 or SAP BW ?

The answer to that question will determine which PACK (packaged application connectivity kit) you require.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
reema.jain
Participant

Post by reema.jain »

Ray

It's SAP R/3

Reema
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then you need the DataStage PACK for SAP R/3. This gives you plug-in stages that allow you to generate (certified) ABAP code to work within the SAP environment, or to work with IDOCs if that's the way you prefer to operate.

Talk to your vendor. Search the IBM web site for more information about SAP connectivity from DataStage.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
reema.jain
Participant

Post by reema.jain »

Thanks Ray..for your quick responses

Since I am new to this tool ,and as you said that I need a DataStage PACK for SAP R/3,can you just put a little more light on this...is this a seperate tool or something like DataStage or it's some advanced feature of DataStage tool itself.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's part of DataStage, but separately licensed. So you need to buy it from your vendor.
reema.jain
Participant

Post by reema.jain »

Thanks Again Ray :P

Just a little bit more clarification....is it the BAPI Stage you talking about?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The PACK includes a number of "plug-in" stages. This is just one of them. "Plug-in" here simply means optionally installed.
Read more about this PACK and others on the IBM website - there is also a training class available.