7.5.2 Client, 7.5.1A Server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

7.5.2 Client, 7.5.1A Server

Post by chulett »

We have a 7.5.2 Server installation and two 7.5.1A Server installations at the moment. Up until recently I was connecting (without apparent issue) to both using my 7.5.1A Client.

Got a new PC and for the heck of it, installed the 7.5.2 Client we have. This after reading the following in the read-me:
1. Compatibility with earlier releases

DataStage 7.5.2 server is compatible with DataStage 7.5, 7.5A, 7.5.1/7.5.1.A and 7.5.2 clients but nothing earlier. DataStage 7.5.2 clients may only be used with DataStage 7.5.1/7.5.1.A/7.5.2 servers.
Been connecting to both servers with no apparent issues for almost two weeks until I went to work on some jobs with XML stages today. It works 'fine' when I am connected to the 7.5.2 Server but just discovered that when I connect to a 7.5.1A server the XML stages will only open in Grid Style. :evil:

Has anyone seen this before? I called Support and was told that I had to use the 7.5.1A client because they are not backwards compatible no matter what the read-me says... which to me seems like complete crap for a 'dot' maintenance release. Install the MCM and switch back and forth between 7.5.1A and 7.5.2? Per-tooey. :roll:

Anyway, before I push back on support was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this before, or had issues with the same mixture of Client and Server versions?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers