Control job execution on abort in sequence

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jmryan2000
Participant

Control job execution on abort in sequence

Post by jmryan2000 »

How can I control whether a sequence continues running jobs when one of the jobs aborts? I have encountered instances when a sequence will stop executing after one of the jobs aborting. But, there are other times when the sequence will continue executing jobs past the one that aborted? Where is this setting and what are the options?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Jon
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

In the Stage in sequence where you called the job, there is an option that specifies what the sequence does in case this job aborts.you can specify there, if you want to abort the sequence or continue ahead depending on the status of the job called.
jmryan2000
Participant

Post by jmryan2000 »

Can you give me specifics (screen/window label, field label, etc.) on where this can be found? I have searched through both job and sequence and I am not able to locate this setting.

Thanks, again!

Jon
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

I cant post screen shots but can give guide you.

open your sequence. then open the stage which calls the job (Job Sctivity stage). select tab "Triggers", you will see all the links which go out of this stage. For each link there is an option there called "Expression type". change this according to your needs.

So basically if you want to abort your sequence with the job. Then for your output link to another job set this as "OK (conditional)

Some other options available -
'Unconditional' - The sequence will move control to this link unaffected by the job status
'Failed - conditional' - the sequence will move control to this link only in the job fails. You can add a Log stage without any output links to abort the sequence
jmryan2000
Participant

Post by jmryan2000 »

That's what I needed. Thanks!

Jon