Release Note for 8.0

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vcannadevula
Charter Member
Charter Member

Release Note for 8.0

Post by vcannadevula »

Can any one send the release note for the Hawk version ??? if so, please send it to vcannadevula@yahoo.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Hawk version (except for TX) has not been released. How would anyone have any release notes, then?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vcannadevula
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vcannadevula »

I am aware the hawk version is not yet released. I have seen few queries on hawk beta version in this forum. so, i was expecting a "readme" file. if any one has......
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Be patient. It's not far off now. If you were to read a readme file from the beta versions it may turn out to be inaccurate.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eschulma
Participant

Post by eschulma »

Does anyone know when Hawk (other than TX) is due to be out of beta?
Erica Kane
Ratifact
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

From 4 - 20 months time from now. :wink:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Wow, thats an accurate reply. I have an IBM dude here at my client place. I heard from him that its due in the first quarter of next year, or somewhere close to that time. No one seems to have an accurate answer. O well, the time will come :)
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Expect a major announcement next Tuesday at the IOD conference.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I couldnt check Vincent's recent blog related to TubeCast with my 64Kbps. I guess its something related to this release that too by next few months.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The ad on YouTube specifies October 2006, at least for the Information piece.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The YouTube advertisement ends with October 2006 as the availability date. This might mean it is launched (at IOD) in October but is not generally available until later, or it may mean the Information Server on its own (without all the additional products) is available with the Business Glossary and all the metabrokers.

Hopefully someone at IOD will let us know!