Add job into WLM -Queue Management

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Add job into WLM -Queue Management

Post by mandyli »

Hi

I already enabled WLM in our server.I need to add my jobs in to Queue Management panel. How to add my jobs into new Queue?

Thanks

Man
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't add your job to a queue in WLM, you add it when you make a job run request.

Specify the queue name in the dsjob command line, or in the Job Run Options dialog when you submit a run request from Director or Designer client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Thanks Ray,

I selected HighPriority Jobs Queue while job run time. But when it try see from OpsConsole under workload management tab. I can't see and view is this my job run under this queue.

Thanks
Man
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Verify in Diretor that the job ran in this queue.

Verify in Ops Console dashboard view, by drilling through to the job, that it ran n the high priority queue.

What do you expect to see on the Workload Management tab?
This is really for managing queues. If the job has already started, it is no longer waiting on a queue.
If you arrange that the job can't start, then you should see it queued, and its status in Director will be "Queued".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.