FoxPro Server file issue

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vibwipro
Participant

FoxPro Server file issue

Post by vibwipro »

Hi All,

I am working on reading FoxPro server (.dbf) files. FoxPro server is mounted on Datastage Unix server. Then I am able to read data through ODBC connector stage. After making an entry to .ODBC.INI file.

Issue: I am able to read some of (.DBF) file and for some (.DBF) file i am getting an error :-

"ODBC_Connector_1: ODBC function "SQLPrepare" reported: SQLSTATE = 42S22: Native Error Code = 3903: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC dBase driver]Field not found: CLIENT_NAME
ODBC function "SQLPrepare" reported: SQLSTATE = HY000: Native Error Code = 1238: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC dBase driver]Not a valid index file: /td/mbb/Projects/MBNA/Work/DATA/client.cdx
ODBC function "SQLPrepare" reported: SQLSTATE = 01000: Native Error Code = 1295: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC dBase driver]Table is read-only, it is part of a database: clientinformationsystem.dbc (CC_OdbcDBStatement::dbsPrepare, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 353)"

Window Admin confirmed that no privilege issue is at database end.

Can any one help me in suggesting what could be issue. Why i am able to read data from Some (.DBF) file and why showing error.

Thanks & Regards.
vibwipro
Participant

Post by vibwipro »

Folks,
I'm trying to read data from FoxPro table's using Datastage ETL Tool.i coppy all files from Foxpro server to different folders over Unix bod. I am able to read 7 .dbf file out of 15 files.when i try to read other 8 .dbf files through ODBC stage,its throwing this error:

SQLSTATE=01000, DBMS.CODE=1295
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC dBase driver]Table is
read-only, it is part of a database: edutrans.dbc
I try to change the file permissons from read only to full
permissions,but its not allowing.
But atleast its not allowing me to read the file.
Any ideas.. :?: :?:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's been years since I've worked with dbf files, so no... other than to suggest you take a closer look at the 7 that work and the 8 that don't and compare them. Something is obviously different between them.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vibwipro
Participant

Post by vibwipro »

I have to work with 8 only. Only issue is that some files are working and some are showing error ...?
Didn't able to understand why this abnormal behavior.

Do any one have experience over handling .DBF files :?: :?:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

See if this helps: connect to the dbc. If it doesn't, run more searches for your error message. Worst case involve support.
-craig

vibwipro
Participant

Post by vibwipro »

Thx,

It didn't worked.

Any one else who can me. :roll: :roll:
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We were able to read DBF files, by copying them to our server (UNIX) and using ODBC. We did not encounter any errors like you have described. I also think you need to contact Support, assuming your organization has a Support contract, that is what it's there for, might as well use it...
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... or just continue to wait for divine intervention. :roll: :roll:
-craig

vibwipro
Participant

Post by vibwipro »

Thx Every one.

My issue got resolved.

Issue was with .CDX file. Thr was a different between metadata present on >DBF file and .CDX file.