How many users can be created in datastage webconsole

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arvind_ds
Participant

How many users can be created in datastage webconsole

Post by arvind_ds »

Hi Experts,

We are using datastage 8.5 version with internal registry configuration. That means suite users reside in XMETA.

I would like to know what is the maximum limit of number of users that can be created by using webconsole.

Is there any configuration file present on the datastage server that stores this information.

Kindly share your thoughts.

Thank you.
Arvind
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm not aware of any limit.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

There is no technical limit, but there is a licence limit and the number of DataStage users should be noted somewhere within your licence agreement.

There are, however, a number of user-roles that may not count in terms of number of used licenses. For example there may be users who need access to certain reports, but never log into any client tools except the web-console. The installation will not check the number of available licenses, but IBM regularly carries out licensing audits with clients.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Be aware also that, for some roles, you have a "named user limit"; you must be able to show during audit that actual names of the users licensed in those roles, such as Business Glossary Administrator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.