Issue with notification activity stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumesh.abraham
Participant

Issue with notification activity stage

Post by sumesh.abraham »

I am seeing a weird issue with mail functionality on 7.5.1. Mails are not getting sent when I use notification activity stage.
I am able to send the mails successfully from the shell using mailx command and also using DSSendMailTester routine. Initially I noted that %server% tag was not there in the dssendmail_template.txt file. So I added %server% in it.

I researched it with the help of firewall team and it seems like the request is getting dropped. I am not sure why the notification activity behaves weird. As our sequence jobs are using notification activity as a standard, replacement of notification activity implementation by a mailx or DSSendMailTester routine would be only considered as the very last option.

Has anyone faced this issue? Appreciate your help!
sumesh.abraham
Participant

Post by sumesh.abraham »

DataStage server is on AIX.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

How many recipient email ids are being sent to ? Did you define the default mail server name ? Are there any other jobs with notification activity behaving correctly ? Is the sender email id being filtered out ? The answers to those questions may help clear up the fog.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

One thing to note is the "server" is not needed on a UNIX system, hence it not being mentioned in the template. Unless AIX is different in that regard...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sumesh.abraham
Participant

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Thanks Craig and Ramesh for the responses. The mail is sent to a distribution list mail id. we are seeing the issue in all jobs that send mails out. Default mail server is specified in the notification activity.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For grins have you tried sending an email to a single email address to see if that works? I've seen odd behaviour with distribution lists in the past, depending on the email server and how exactly it was set up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sumesh.abraham
Participant

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Yes, I tried sending the mail to individual e-mail adderss as well. That did not work too! Anything different on an AIX server. This is first time I am working with DataStage hosted on an AIX server.