Test Routine, infinite loop

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Test Routine, infinite loop

Post by PhilHibbs »

I think my DataStage routine has an infinite loop in it - is there any way of interrupting the Test Routine dialog other than killing the Designer task?
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Pull the plug?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Reboot. Hard to kill a sleep command too.
Mamu Kim
MrBlack
Participant

Post by MrBlack »

I was victim of this same situation and this is how I was able to solve it. I thought it was worth posting in case anyone else comes stumbling across this thread. I hope in the future DataStage will build in functionality into killing processes for when this happens because in enterprise applications, pulling the plug is often not an option.

I'm on the linux version, I don't know how it looks on windows. There should be processes called dsapi_slave This is the connection between your computer (client) and the server. Look for the dsapi_slave process that started at the time you ran your routine and kill it. Usually there will be 2-3 other parent processes related to the process you kill that should clean themselves up automatically.

References
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21596423
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

That's pretty much the same as killing the Designer task, since Designer will have to be closed after you do that, and I think it's also necessary (under v7 anyway) to clean up the dsapi_slave process after killing Designer anyway.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
saiwelcomes
Participant

Post by saiwelcomes »

Go to /tmp/ folder in your unix server box. Try searching for a file starting with Capture*.

Code: Select all

ls -l Capture*
It will list some file whose names starting with Capture*
Try the same command again and again for multiple times. If any of the file size is getting increased, forcibly delete the file. Otherwise your server memory will run out of the limits.

This has to be done in case any routine gets hung due to infinite loop or so.
Regards,
Sai Krishna