dsjob command syntax

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ffillmorejr
Participant

dsjob command syntax

Post by ffillmorejr »

Where can I find the complete syntax of the DSJOB command? I have spent the better part of an hour looking in the DataStage Information Center online, the Parallel Job Developers Guide, Parallel Job Advanced Developers Guide, Server Job Developers Guide. Is there a link or manual you can point me to? I want to understand all of the paramater options.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't have any of the 8.x documentation here now, but in the 7.x world it was all explained in the Command Line Interface chapter in either of the two "Developer Guides". I know it's in the new docs somewhere, just not sure exactly where, sorry.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

Login to your Unix server (where DataStage server) is installed and go to bin directory of DataStage. Type man dsjob. It will give you the syntax.
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

Just type dsjob and press enter in bin directory.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That would just give you a standard "usage statement" without the level of detail that the documentation goes into.
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK, took a drive through all of the 8.x documentation I have stashed away and came away mostly empty-handed. Here's what I found in Chapter 4 of the Server Job Developer Guide:
dsjob Command

You can use the dsjob command to call other WebSphere DataStage jobs from Command Stage. WebSphere DataStage provides the dsjob program to let you run compiled jobs from a command line instead of from WebSphere DataStage. dsjob has the following simple syntax:

dsjob -run [ -mode ] [ -param ] [ -warn ] [ -rows ] [ -wait ] [ -stop ] [ -jobstatus ] [ -userstatus ] project job

For full syntax information, see WebSphere DataStage Development Kit (Job Control Interfaces).
For whatever reason, I do not have the 'Development Kit' doc that it references. I did, however, find this older post by Len Greenwood out in the wild on another site:
Len wrote:In 8.1 these interfaces are described in the InfoCenter installed on the client - you're looking for the "WebSphere DataStage Development Kit (Job Control Interfaces)". I think in 8.0.1 it was in a chapter of the Server Job Developer's Guide - with a similar title.
Hope that helps.
-craig

daignault
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by daignault »

If you want to cheat on a unix system, perform a "strings" on the dsjob executable. That will show you all the parameters...including hidden ones.

strings, although included in the MKS Toolkit (part of Datastage 8) does not seem to execute as well on the Windows platform as it does on unix.

Cheers,

Ray D
sureshreddy2009
Participant

Post by sureshreddy2009 »

Go to unix server where datastage is installed, type man dsjob , it will display all options, but finally you have to undertand to use how like
for running a job
dsjob -file <parameter file contains domain name and server name> domainname servername -run -warn 100 projectname jobname

for seeing the list of jobs in a project
dsjob -file <parameter file contains domain name and server name> domainname servername -lj projectname

for first input projname and jobname
second one input is projectname onlylike this lot of commands are there
like to see stagenames, lnk names, log of job, job description details like this.............
Suresh Reddy
ETL Developer
Research Operations

"its important to know in which direction we are moving rather than where we are"
ffillmorejr
Participant

Post by ffillmorejr »

Note that the documentation referred to in the thread "WebSphere DataStage Programmer's Guide" is available via Information Server v8.1 APAR JR31951 along with a bunch of other manuals.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR31951

It can be downloaded at
http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral