error calling sybase stored proc from stored procedure stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nsm
Premium Member
Premium Member

error calling sybase stored proc from stored procedure stage

Post by nsm »

Hi ,

I tried calling a Sybase stored procedure through a stored procedure stage and below are the errors I get:

Stored_Procedure_3,0: Error: Could not load dsstpsyb.so
Stored_Procedure_3,0: Error occurred in call to ORPHCallActivePluginInitialize().

Please suggest on what causing this..My guess is "dsstpsyb.so" is a driver specific to Sybase that's missing, as when others run a db2 stored procedure through stored procedure stage its working fine.

thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any time you have problems with a *.so file suspect your shared library search list (the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH or SHLIB_PATH environment variable).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nsm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nsm »

when tried connecting to Sybase as a source or lkup(Via ODBC Connector) I get no issues. Is it still to do with Env variables?

nsm.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably. Do you use the same operating system user ID and password as the one that the DataStage process uses? Maybe your environment variable setting (from .profile) is different to DataStage's (from dsenv).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.