Regarding compilation error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arun_kumar
Participant

Regarding compilation error

Post by arun_kumar »

Hi all,

While compiling the job im getting error like job is under monitoring and I m getting error like NULL ID.

can any one help me to reslove this isssue.

Thanx in advence..
Arunkumar..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not without substantially more information. What is the job design? What is it meant to do? What do you mean by "under monitoring"? Which stage is generating the error message?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arun_kumar
Participant

Compilation error...

Post by arun_kumar »

ray.wurlod wrote:Not without substantially more information. What is the job design? What is it meant to do? What do you mean by "under monitoring"? Which stage is generating the error message? ...

Hi ,

I am using DB2 Enterprise stage ,Sequential file stage. extract data from this and it has to write it to target.first time i had compiled the job it has worked fine.After it got aborted.Again I'm tried to compile the job ,then i got this error.

In Director job.fifo with '0' processid is existed.....

Please help me regardin ghti issue.
Arunkumar..
Madhav_M
Participant

Post by Madhav_M »

Arun
Just kill the processes on that job name first... when DS throws message like monitoring means.. ur job process is still running or hung!!

Then compile your job.. it should work!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This doesn't make sense. Can you post the exact compile-time error message, copied over with cut-and-paste?

p.s. indiscriminetely killing processes as suggested by Madhav_M is a very bad idea and can, in the worst case, lead to you have to restart the DataStage Engine!